Deciding which college to attend can seem like an overwhelming decision. How do you know what type of school is best for you? Which are the best degree programs? And once you decide on a school, what will it take to get in?
There’s now a website – CollegeWeekLive.com – where these questions can be answered in live chats with colleges and education experts. Nearly one million high school students a year visit CollegeWeekLive.com to text and video chat with admissions counselors at colleges and universities around the country.
Throughout the year, you can watch live presentations or join a one-on-one or group chat to ask anything you’d like about topics like classes, professors, degree programs, campus life, dorm rooms, and more. Many of the participating colleges also have live chats hosted by some of their current students who can give you plenty of insider advice about what it’s really like to live on campus.
Get Free Advice at Back to School Day
The next big event is their Back to School Day on Thursday, August 25, 2016. You and your parents can sign-up for free and login between 2:00-10:00PM EDT to:
- Chat with representatives from 100+ colleges and universities around the country
- Attend live presentations and Q&As with education experts
- Enter to win a $1,000 scholarship when you research colleges during the event
Top Questions to Help You Find the Right College
Don’t be shy about asking questions during a virtual college fair. This is your chance to really get to know each school! Here are some great questions to get you started:
- What do students seem to like best about your school?
- What do you feel makes your school stand out?
- What’s your favorite part of campus?
- What fun things are there to do off campus?
- What types of students tend to do best at your school?
- What percentage of students get a job in their field right after graduation?
- What test scores do I need to get admitted?
- What advice do you have for making my application stand out?
- What are some of your most popular degree programs?
- Which are some of your strongest programs and why?
- How accessible are your professors?
- What types of scholarships are available?
- What kind of work/study opportunities do you offer?
- What is student housing like?
Get Advice from Admissions Experts
Education experts such as Ted Fiske of The Fiske Guide to Colleges participate in many of CollegeWeekLive’s online presentations. You can watch live presentations and ask questions during the live events, or even view the presentations on-demand.
Common presentation topics include:
- How to write a great college essay
- Tips on researching colleges
- The ins and outs of college admissions
- Finding the best scholarships
- Preparing for the ACTs and SATs