Algebra Concepts and Resources
- Basic Algebra Concepts - This great tutorial gives information on the concepts of basic algebra. It is broken down into different topics including systems of linear equations, polynomials and the unity of calculus.
- CK-12 Basic Algebra Concepts - Another tutorial that discusses various basic algebra concepts broken down into several different categories. For each subcategory listed there is a practice tab that enables the user to answer 15 questions in a certain amount of time.
- Maisonet Math - This website gives users the chance to test themselves on a variety of algebraic concepts. Each test varies in the number of questions and accepts 70% as a passing grade.
- Algebra Review in Ten Lessons - The mathematics department of the University of Akron offers 10 algebra tutorials separated by topic.
- Online Math Notes - A professor of mathematics at Lamar University compiled notes from his algebra course and divided them by topic.
- Analyze Math - Find free algebra questions and problems along with the answers for many different levels of algebra including intermediate and college.
- algebrahelp - This website is dedicated to helping students with all aspects of algebra including understanding basic concepts and using calculators.
Geometry Concepts and Resources
- Khan Academy - This website offers a great way for students to refresh their geometry skills. The information pertains to what a student would normally learn as a first-year student of geometry. It includes several videos explaining a variety of geometry concepts.
- Regents Exam Prep Center - Students can take a variety of different quizzes to test themselves on how well they understand geometry concepts. It also offers a section for interactive geometry games and puzzles for further learning and preparation.
- MIT Blossoms - This page includes a variety of videos produced by educators around the world pertaining to mathematics and includes lessons on geometry.
- IXL - Students can test their knowledge on hundreds of different math skills including 182 geometry skills.
- Geometry Online - This website contains the history of geometry and also includes geometry problems and an SAT-type quiz.
- Geometry and the Imagination - A collection of documents that were part of a two-week workshop at the Geometry Center in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- Math is Fun - A website that discusses the bases concepts of all kinds of math including plane geometry and solid geometry.
Business Mathematical Resources
- Top 5 Math Books for the SAT Test - This page lists the top five math books recommended for students preparing for the SAT Test. The list includes books written by esteemed mathematics professors around the country.
- Business Math I-Best - This is a great resource that provides a list of links to go to for learning and obtaining math skills commonly used in the business world.
- Business Math Projects - Put together by the business math faculty at Washington High School, there are a number of projects to work through that will increase business math skills.
- University of Mannheim School of Business Informatics and Mathematics - This webpage discusses the definition of business mathematics
Miscellaneous Math Worksheets
- Free Math Worksheets - This website allows students to print off math worksheets involving all areas of math. It includes over 5,000 printable tests and also has practice questions for the SAT.
- Online Math Learning - Choose from hundreds of math worksheets categorized by topics including geometry, trigonometry, probability, calculus, matrices and vectors.
- Math Tests - Print out free math worksheets or solve the problems directly online. Worksheets cover all areas of math for different grade levels.
- Math Worksheets Land - This site offers printable math worksheets on over 40 different categories of math. They are said to have the largest selection of math worksheets on the Internet.
- EZ School - The Premier Education Portal - Choose from all kinds of worksheets on a variety of subject including several for mathematics.
- Tulyn Math for All - Allows the user to choose worksheets listed by either grade level or by subject.
- Funmaths - Provides worksheets for students in high school on a number of different math subjects including measurement, geometry, algebra, trigonometry and statistics.
- Math-drills - Easily download and print hundreds of different math worksheets on a variety of math subjects.
Tips for Using Your Calculator to Solve Problems
- Calculator Tutorials - Developed by Colorado Springs Department of Physics and Energy Science, this tutorial offers a wide range of tips and tricks on how best to use a calculator to help solve problems.
- Basic TI-92 Tutorial - This calculator tutorial is specifically for the TI-92 calculator and was developed by the University of Illinois.
- TV 411 Tune in to Learning - This page gives basic information on using a calculator to solve basic math problems including fractions, consumer math and money management.
- Open Learn - This page helps users solve all kinds of mathematical equations by using a scientific calculator.
- Using Your Calculator - Another great tutorial that gives all the ins and outs of solving a variety of math problems and equations with a calculator.
- Algebra Calculator Tips - A simple webpage developed by a math teacher that gives tips for using a calculator specifically for algebra.
Test Taking Tips
- Bucks County Community College - The Basics of Effective Learning - This page gives great test-taking strategies for students at all grade levels on what to do before, during and even after the test.
- Georgia College Test Taking Tips - These tips are helpful for various types of test questions including essay, multiple choice, open book, short answer and true/false questions.
- Social Psychology Network - These tips are specifically for tests that are multiple choice.
- BYU Career and Academic Success Center - Test-taking strategies including general guidelines for taking tests and guidelines for how to answer various types of questions.
- Teens Health - This website page offers test-taking tips that are geared specifically towards teens.
- Teacher Vision - Put together by teachers, here is the Top Ten Test-Taking Tips for Students.
- Test Taking Tips - This entire website is dedicated to helping students of all grade levels take tests.
- Study Guides and Strategies - Preparing for and Taking Math Exams - Tips for students taking math tests including solving linear equations and word problems.
By Scott Shrum