HBS 2+2 ProgramThe HBS 2+2 Program invites undergraduate students who have completed their junior year of college to apply for deferred admission to Harvard Business School. Aspiring applicants who are admitted are guaranteed a future spot at Harvard Business School after successfully graduating undergrad and completing two years of work experience at a participating employer.
The HBS 2+2 Program was launched to encourage high achieving undergraduate students who are not on a “business track,” to pursue careers in business. The program targets students focused on non-business concentrations such as engineering, liberal arts, science etc. Learn about Veritas Prep MBA Admissions Consulting > >
Years of Experience in Helping Students Gain Admission to the HBS 2+2 Program
- Veritas Prep Will Help You Navigate the Daunting Admissions Process
- As undergraduate students, your knowledge of the business school experience and admissions process is likely limited. Veritas Prep Admissions Consultants will work with you to design a step by step plan to approach the admissions process capturing all the critical admissions milestones.
- Through our extensive admissions experience, we have a clear understanding of what admissions committees at top MBA programs are looking for. Your Head Consultant will work closely with you to ensure that you communicate those qualities and attributes.
- Veritas Prep Expert Consultants Will Assist in Developing an Admissions Winning Application
- Veritas Prep Head Consultants have served as admissions representatives at the top ten ranked business schools and offer critical insight into how to develop a competitive application.
- Your Veritas Prep Head Consultant will work with you from start to finish on all elements of the HBS 2+2 Program application including assisting you in crafting “your story,” developing and refining essays, constructing a business-school ready resume, soliciting strong recommendations and preparing you for your interview.
- Veritas Prep Specialists Provide “Insider” Insight into HBS
- Applicants will work with a Veritas Prep Specialists who is an actual HBS alumnus. Our Specialists provide invaluable “insider” insight into the HBS experience and the values and characteristics the HBS admissions committee seeks. Our Specialists will ensure the application is tailored specifically to HBS.
Why Apply to the HBS 2+2 Program?
- Guaranteed Spot in a World-Renowned Business School - Students admitted to the HBS 2+2 Program are guaranteed a future spot at HBS after completing their undergraduate degree and two years of approved professional experience.
- HBS Career Services Assistance - students admitted to the HBS 2+2 Program can take advantage of HBS career management services to identify professional opportunities following graduation from undergrad. This includes working with an HBS Career Coach to assist in the job search process.
- Access to the HBS 2+2 Program Network of Recruiting Partners - An estimated 100 companies are in the the HBS 2+2 Program recruiting network and will use the HBS 2+2 Program to recruit young talent.
- Opportunity to Attend the HBS 2+2 Summer Program - Prior to the start of the program, students are invited to attend a summer program at HBS offering leadership development and courses and seminars focused on building fundamental business skills.
HBS 2+2 Program Eligibility and Requirements
- College juniors or applicants with equivalent academic credentials
- Must have taken the GMAT® within the past five years (for inaugural class, GMAT may not have been taken prior to July 1st, 2003)
- If you are an international student and attend a non-English speaking university, you must have taken the TOEFEL or IELTS within the past 2 years (for inaugural class, TOEFEL or IELTS may not have been taken prior to July 1st, 2006)
- Completion of the HBS 2+2 Program application
HBS 2+2 Program Application Process
- HBS 2+2 Program applicant submits a completed application by July 1st.
- Upon receipt of the application, the admissions committee reviews the application and decides whether to extend an invitation to interview. Interview invitations are offered at the discretion of the admissions committee. Only select applicants will be interviewed and all interview decisions are final.
- The interview is conducted on the HBS campus by an admissions representative. In order to complete the application and be considered for admission, the applicant must complete the interview.
HBS 2+2 Program Application Components
- Transcripts from every undergraduate or graduate college or university the applicant has attended.
- GMAT score taken within the past five years (by July 1)
- TOEFL or IETLS score taken within the past two years (by July 1)
- Completed HBS Values Statement
- Completed HBS Application of Integrity
- Nonrefundable Application Fee