- How much do the courses cost?
- How do I register online?
- May I register over the phone?
- May I show up for class and register/pay there?
- What is the latest date I may register for a Veritas Prep course?
- Does Veritas Prep let me pay for my service in installments or on a payment plan?
- The first charge (including shipping & handling as well as any applicable sales tax) will be processed the same day or the next business day
- The first half of your outstanding balance will be automatically charged 30 days from the date of purchase
- The remaining half will be automatically charged 60 days from the date of purchase
- Do I need a visa to attend a Veritas Prep course?
- Can I get my Veritas Prep course costs reimbursed by my employer?
- Does Veritas Prep offer corporate courses?
- What is the Veritas Prep course refund policy?
- Refunds granted are the greater of $0 or the stated amount above.
- No refunds will be given after more than half of a class has been conducted (e.g., eight out of 14 sessions for a Full Course, four out of seven sessions for an Accelerated Course).
- Shipping & handling charges are nonrefundable. (e.g., if a student pays $1,660 for a Full Course, including $10 in shipping, the student's refund is calculated off of $1,650.)
- If course materials have been opened, a flat $450 fee is deducted from all of the above refund amounts.
Veritas Prep offers the following GMAT preparation services:
Note: All prices for courses in US and international locations are listed in US dollars. Exceptions: Courses in Canadian locations are the same amounts, but in Canadian dollars. The Full Courses and Accelerated Courses in the UK are 950 GBP.
Registering online is easy. Simply click here and then select either an in-person or online course or private tutoring, then follow the directions from there.
Rest assured your credit card and personal information is completely safe and secure during the checkout process. We utilize 256-bit encryption, the latest and strongest level of SSL encryption currently available. Our SSL certificate is issued and certified by VeriSign, the world's leading SSL Certificate Authority.
Feel free to contact our helpful staff at 800.925.7737 or 310.456.8716 (outside the United States) if you need assistance with the enrollment process. Students in the UK can reach us at 44.208.099.7383
Yes, absolutely! Please contact our helpful staff at 800.925.7737 or 310.456.8716 (outside the United States) if you need assistance with the enrollment process. Students in the UK can reach us at 44.208.099.7383
Students must register online or over the phone prior to attending class in order to receive the course materials on time. Additionally, we recommend that students complete one GMAT practice test prior to class, which is located in their online student account. When you register, you may pay in full or utilize our flexible payment plan option.
Students may register up to one week after a course starts.. In fact, it is not uncommon for students to join a course after the second our third session. However, we recommend that you enroll no later than two weeks prior to the course start date to ensure delivery of the course materials, and to give yourself ample time to complete the recommended pre-course work.
Yes! When you enroll, just choose the payment plan option on the checkout page. We will take care of the rest:
There is nothing else you need to do. As soon as you enroll, you will immediately have access to all of Veritas Prep's online GMAT lessons, diagnostics, and computer-adaptive practice tests!
A visa is not required to attend any Veritas Prep course. International students commonly take Veritas Prep courses in the United States using a tourist visa.
Yes. Many students have been reimbursed by their company for the Veritas Prep tuition cost. Please contact our helpful staff at 800.925.7737 or 310.456.8716 (outside the United States), and they can provide you with the necessary documentation required by your organization, including a letter of course completion.
Yes, Veritas Prep partners with many top employers to offer on-site GMAT courses for employees. The Veritas Prep Corporate Education Program enables companies to offer their employees the best GMAT preparation in the industry, combined with maximum flexibility. Employers can take advantage of Veritas Prep's existing network of global locations, or, for added convenience, Veritas Prep can set up tailored, on-site classes anywhere in the world.
More information available here.
Please call our helpful staff at 800.925.7737 or 310.456.8716 (outside the United States) to see if your company offers on-site Veritas Prep courses, or how to set one up.
If a student cancels his registration prior to the first day of class, the $200.00 ($200.00 CAN, £200 GBP) deposit included in the price of every course is nonrefundable. If the student has opened and used the course materials, the nonrefundable deposit amount becomes $300.000 (or its foreign currency equivalent - see http://www.veritasprep.com/store/ for details), the full retail price of the set of Veritas Prep books.
Provided that the course materials are returned in the original packaging, the refund will be prorated for up to 60% of the course based on the refund schedule provided below.
|Full Course / Full Course Online (14 sessions)||Accelerated Course (seven sessions)||Weekend Course (two sessions)|
|Student Cancels Before Session:|
|1||100% of tuition minus $200 deposit||100% of tuition minus $200 deposit||100% of tuition minus $200 deposit|
|2||90% minus $200||80% minus $200||50% minus $200|
|3||80% minus $200||60% minus $200|
|4||70% minus $200||40% minus $200|
|5||60% minus $200||$0.00|
|6||50% minus $200||$0.00|
|7||40% minus $200||$0.00|
|8||30% minus $200||$0.00|
Notes: Course registrations are non-transferable. Students who select the Veritas Prep on Demand™ service are purchasing a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable, royalty-free license to use Veritas Prep's proprietary information for a period of twelve months and, thus, no refund is available for this service.
- Do I need to prepare prior to the course?
- How does Veritas Prep compare with Kaplan and Princeton Review?
- Why are Veritas Prep GMAT instructors the best in the industry?
- A preliminary interview with the Academic Development team, in which successful applicants will showcase their enthusiasm for teaching and their interest in the GMAT as a subject.
- An instructional interview in which successful applicants will not merely teach their assigned questions, but rather teach lasting lessons focused on strategic takeaways and student thought processes.
- An in-person interview with a Mentor Instructor in which a successful applicant will create her own GMAT practice questions, showing an ability to think like the testmaker and anticipate necessary student lessons; in this session, the applicant will preview the training process by learning from a Mentor Instructor with whom she will keep in touch throughout her training, sharing resources and shadowing lessons.
- How do you evaluate student satisfaction?
- How soon after the course should I take the GMAT?
- What are my options if I miss a class?
- All students have access to our Veritas Prep on Demand™ service where they will be able to preview classes, review concepts or make-up missed sessions. In addition, students have access to email support and the instructor-manned Live Online Office Hours , all at no additional charge.
- Veritas Prep offers many of its courses on the same schedule around the world. If you miss a GMAT class due to travel obligations, you may attend the same class in another city.
- Veritas Prep offers private tutoring to students at a discounted rate of $165/hour. Most students find that one hour of private tutoring equates to one full class session, but you are welcome to sign up for as many hours as you see fit.
- Finally, if you are in no rush to take the GMAT, you can repeat missed classes in the next course at no additional charge. Our GMAT courses typically run back-to-back, with a one or two week break between.
- Does Veritas Prep offer a guarantee?
- How does Veritas Prep compare with Manhattan GMAT?
- Does Veritas Prep offer a free trial GMAT class?
- What is the difference between the 3 week Full Course and the 6 week Full Course?
Yes, we recommend completing one GMAT practice test which is found in your TrueTrack student account.
Veritas Prep compares quite favorably with Kaplan and Princeton Review, and is engineered to be the best provider of GMAT preparation in the world. We offer a more comprehensive course, more practice tests, better instructor standards and superior customer support. But the biggest difference is the way we approach the test.
|Veritas Prep||Kaplan||Princeton Review|
Hours Per Week
|20 Countries||16 Countries|
Veritas Prep was founded on the philosophy that "Success Favors the Prepared", a notion that resonates throughout every GMAT course and extends to the way that Veritas Prep instructors are hired and trained. Every instructor must have scored in the 99th percentile on an officially-administered GMAT exam (not a practice test) to even be considered for a teaching position with Veritas Prep.
From there, Veritas Prep filters qualified applicants for demonstrated teaching passion and ability and a genuine intellectual curiosity about the GMAT and its students. Successful applicants pass three phases of interviews before being hired:
By the time an instructor begins her training as a Veritas Prep instructor, we will have ensured that your teacher will be passionate about teaching, curious beyond just the answer on the page, creative in her approach to building lasting lessons, and genuinely interested in your improvement as a student and her ongoing development as an instructor.
Learn more about our instructors.
Every Veritas Prep student submits an evaluation form after completing their course or tutoring package. Students assess the instructor’s proficiency with each of the lessons and critique the instructor based on style and effectiveness. Students answer whether or not they would recommend the instructor to their friends. The evaluation also asks students to grade each lesson booklet, course structure, the classroom environment, practice tests, and every other facet of the entire Veritas Prep experience.
The course evaluation helps Veritas Prep ensure that every lesson plan is perfect and that every member of the faculty exceeds the expectations of even the most discerning student.
How soon students take the GMAT depends on a number of factors, including the type of course in which they are enrolled. We recommend that students who attend the 36-Hour Full Course or 36-Hour Live Online Course schedule the test 1-3 weeks after the course concludes to work on weak areas and to complete all of the practice tests.
Students who attend the Immersion Course typically schedule their GMAT 3-4 weeks after completing the course. Because this course relies on a more intensive format than the six-week Full Courses, most students need additional time to complete all of the homework and practice tests.
Veritas Prep offers four options to students who are unable to attend one or more days of class.
Some companies offer “score guarantees” that require their students to jump through several hoops: working through every homework problem assigned, attending every class, completing every practice test, etc. If you miss one hoop, you forfeit your guarantee. Some companies offer guarantees that only apply to students who do not score above a 600 while others will charge you up to $800 to retake their course.
The Veritas Prep Guarantee is a simple one: You may retake one Veritas Prep course of equal or lesser value, for any reason, free of charge within 12 months of the course start date. Even if you score a 710, but feel that with a little more preparation you could score a 760 … retake the course. If you feel that you still have room for improvement on the advanced verbal problems … sit in on Critical Reasoning II and Sentence Correction II again. If you felt a little behind the other students in your class … retake the course and be the star the second time around. For more details on our returning student policy, please see our Terms and Conditions.
If you have a previous official GMAT score and take any live 36-hour course (Veritas Prep Full Course, Full Course Live Online, or 1-Week Accelerated Course), and your score does not improve, we will refund your entire tuition or you can repeat the course free of charge. To be eligible for the refund, you need to request that the Graduate Management Admissions Council send official copies of your GMAT Score Report to Veritas Prep within 90 days after your course concludes.
Veritas Prep compares quite favorably with Manhattan GMAT. We offer a more comprehensive course, more practice tests and better customer support. But the key difference is our approach to the exam.
|Veritas Prep||Manhattan GMAT|
|Computer Adaptive Practice Tests||15||6|
|Minimum Instructor GMAT Percentile||99th||99th|
|Availability of Live Instruction||90 Cities,
|Repeat Your Course for Free?||Yes||No|
Note that, as of late 2009, the Manhattan GMAT brand is owned by Kaplan, Inc.
Yes, we're so confident in our curriculum and instructors that we invite you to try them out for yourself. Sit in on the first Veritas Prep GMAT class in select cities at no charge, no strings attached. Come meet your instructor and see for yourself how we offer the most comprehensive GMAT prep course in the industry. These aren't seminars or "preview" sessions -- you will sit in on a real class meeting of our six-week Full Course, led by an experienced Veritas Prep GMAT instructor who has scored in the 99th percentile on a real GMAT exam. Click here to see options in your city.
These classes are the exact same, they simply run on different schedules. The instructor, materials, syllabus, resources, and everything else are the exact same no matter what schedule you choose.
- What is the difference between in-person courses and Full Course Live Online™?
- Is there a free class I can attend before I enroll?
- When may I access Veritas Prep On Demand?
In-person and Live Online courses are the exact same in every single way. The courses incorporate the same instructors, syllabus, material and resources. The only difference is that with the Live Online Course, students do not physically visit a classroom. However, it is live and interactive, ensuring the same quality of preparation.
Courses are delivered in several time-zone groups so no matter where you are, there is a Live Online Course for you. Everything else including the lesson booklets, subjects covered, and overall pace stays exactly the same.
Students and instructors collaborate using an interactive whiteboard and instant messaging utility, making note-taking fast and easy. Students will also be able to preview and review lessons through the pre-recorded Veritas Prep On Demand™ lessons should they miss anything in class. Finally, the Full Course Live Online™ lessons are recorded so that students can replay their own class sessions.
Yes. Veritas Prep hosts free live online GMAT seminars twice a month as an introduction to the GMAT and how our course curriculum will prepare you to think like the testmaker in order to master the test. Click here to enroll for the next upcoming online GMAT seminar.
Students will be granted immediate access upon enrollment. As a student in any course, you will have unlimited access to Veritas Prep On Demand™ for one year from the start of your course. If you purchased Veritas Prep On Demand exclusively or if you are a private tutoring student, you will have access to it for 12 months from the day you registered. In your personal Veritas Prep account you will be able to extend this subscription one month at a time for $99 per month.
- Who should register for a Private Tutoring Package?
- How much do your Private Tutoring Packages cost?
- Who are your tutors?
Private tutoring is an excellent option for anyone looking to excel on the GMAT. It is especially helpful for those who want the convenience of meeting when and where it suits them, for those who already know that they only need to focus on specific areas of the GMAT, or for those that simply prefer learning one-on-one.
Additionally, students may combine a GMAT course with private tutoring, which is an extremely efficient way to study. Students may add single hours of private tutoring to their course at a discounted rate of $165/hour.
Veritas Prep tutors and instructors are one and the same. Tutors will encompass the same qualifications as any Veritas Prep instructor. Learn more about our instructors here.
- When will I receive my materials?
- What do I receive with the course?
- An instructor who scored above the 99th percentile on an actual GMAT and is dedicated to helping you duplicate that success
- 12 Veritas Prep course lesson booklets that cover every topic of the GMAT, in depth
- 15 complete computer adaptive GMAT practice tests
- Access to Veritas Prep on Demand™, our exclusive self-paced course
- Complete and detailed solutions to all problems
- AWA scoring and personalized feedback from expert AWA graders
- Personalized Veritas Prep student account, TrueTrack™, that includes additional practice drills and class summaries for those who miss class or seek additional review
- MBA Workshop. All Veritas Prep students attend a free live session to start perfecting their own business school application strategies
- Live Online Office Hours manned by Veritas Prep's most experienced instructors
- Unlimited online support through the personalized student account
- 7 Diagnostic Midterms and detailed Diagnostic Reports™
- May I purchase the Veritas Prep course materials separately?
Veritas Prep ships materials immediately upon enrollment for students who have either paid their first installment or paid in full. Students will receive a FedEx tracking number in their personalized student account to ensure proper delivery.
Yes, you may purchase course materials separately at the Veritas Prep store.
- Do you offer a course in my town?
- Do you have parking information for my location?
Veritas Prep offers courses in more than 85 cities across 20 countries. Additionally, we offer Live Online courses available anywhere in the world. Click here to find a location near you.
Parking varies by location, but after you register we will send a PDF including all of the logistical details for your course location a few days before the first session. Additionally, feel free to contact our helpful staff at 800-925-7737 or 310.456.8716 (outside the United States) if you need assistance on the first day of class.
- What is TrueTrack™?
- Access to Veritas Prep On Demand, where you can review pre-recorded lessons online (if you missed class or simply to reinforce the material)
- Access to 15 computer adaptive GMAT practice tests
- Access to 7 diagnostic quizzes
- The ability to track score improvements on practice tests
- The ability to track shipping information, pay balances, update contact information and view invoices
- A detailed course syllabus
- Detailed driving and parking information for class
- Additional strategies not included in the lesson booklets
- How many practice tests are made available to me?
True Track is your personalized online student account, which includes:
Veritas Prep provides an industry-high 15 computer adaptive GMAT practice exams to its students online via their personalized student account.
- What content is tested on the GMAT?
- your knowledge of business,
- your job skills,
- specific content in your undergraduate or first university course work,
- your abilities in any other specific subject area, or
- subjective qualities—such as motivation, creativity, and interpersonal skills.
- How do I register for the GMAT?
- Will you sell my information to anyone else?
- What does my GMAT score mean?
The GMAT measures basic verbal, mathematical, and analytical writing skills. It does NOT measure:
Format and Timing
The GMAT consists of four main parts—the Analytical Writing Assessment, the Integrated Reasoning section, the Quantitative section, and the Verbal section.
Analytical Writing Assessment
The GMAT begins with the Analytical Writing Assessment (AWA). The AWA consists one essay, Analysis of an Argument. You are allowed 30 minutes to complete this section.
Integrated Reasoning asks you to analyze a small compilation of data — presented in various forms, including words, charts, and tables — and pull out key insights to answer multiple questions about the data. The questions vary by type, and may ask you to judge whether a statement is true or false or to interpret the cause of a certain trend in the data. You are allowed 30 minutes to complete this section.
Following an optional eight-minute break, you begin the Quantitative Section of the exam. This section contains 37 multiple-choice questions of two question types—Data Sufficiency and Problem Solving. You will be allowed a maximum of 75 minutes to complete the entire section.
After a second optional eight-minute break, you begin the Verbal Section of the GMAT. This section contains 41 multiple choice questions of three question types—Reading Comprehension, Critical Reasoning, and Sentence Correction. You are allowed a maximum of 75 minutes to complete the entire section.
Prospective test-takers can find location and schedule information, plus register to take the GMAT, online at www.mba.com, or by calling 1-800-717-GMAT. The GMAT costs $250, $170 of which is non-refundable. Since 1997, GMAC has offered the GMAT in a computer-based format, so test dates and times vary by location. Please register early if your schedule lacks flexibility.
Your GMAT score is the single most important way to signal to business schools how prepared you are for the academic rigors of an MBA program. The GMAT has proven to be a consistently reliable predictor of academic success in graduate business school.
A common axiom in business school admissions is that a high GMAT score will never be the sole factor that gets you into your school of your choice, but a low score can keep you out. Admissions officers tend to look for a well-rounded applicant, so students who score highly on both the verbal and quantitative portions of the GMAT have a distinct advantage. Keep in mind, the GMAT is not an aptitude test. Those who become comfortable with the format of the GMAT in advance and master effective strategies before test day, have a distinct advantage over those who take the test cold.
Have a question about GMAT or SAT prep? Want some help figuring out what kind of admissions consulting service is right for you? Contact us using the form below and a Veritas Prep representative will get back to you shortly.