First of all, many thanks for offering this amazing service to provide initial feedback to prospective applicants.
I would really appreciate it if you could quickly review my profile and let me know what your initial feedback is.
My profile is as follows:
Target Schools for MBA Programs:
Columbia, Harvard, NYU Stern, Chicago Booth, Stanford
International Experience: studies in Morocco and Canada and the UK. Work experience in the UK and Canada
Languages: Arabic (native), French (native), English (fluent), Spanish (beginner)
Education – Undergraduate (Canada)
Program: Bachelor of Business Administration – Major: Finance (at a Canadian business school)
GPA: Cumulative GPA of 3.85 (top 7%), Major GPA of 4.0
Honors: Yes, the Quebecer equivalent of Summa Cum Laud
Scholarships: Entry scholarship for academic excellence + tuition exemption scholarship for the last 2 years of the program
Education – Post-graduate (UK)
Program: Master of Science – Major: Finance (at a leading UK university, top 3 of the country)
GPA: 69.5 (equivalent of a GPA of about 3.6-3.7)
• Investment Banking Analyst in London (UK) at international investment bank
• Private Equity Analyst at a private equity fund in Toronto (Canada)
Academic Extra-curricular Activities:
• Country Correspondent (currently) for the UK university from which I graduated. I am responsible for networking with the university’s alumni who work in Toronto, organizing get-together events with them and taking part to marketing events with prospective applicants who are located in Toronto
• Student Ambassador (previously) for the UK university from which I graduated. I was responsible for contributing to the program’s brand, networking with prospective applicants in Europe, attending events, etc. I was awarded “Student Ambassador of the Year” by the admission team
• Equity Analyst (previously) at my undergraduate school’s student investment fund. I obtained the best performance of the fund and contributed to our team’s victory of an international investment competition
• Involvements in other activities within my undergraduate business school, including AIESEC, the consulting club, etc.
Charity Extra-curricular Activities:
• Volunteer Reader (previously) during 1 year for a Colombian child with learning difficulties
• Volunteer (previously) for an association in Montreal dedicated to organizing charity events and raising money for various social causes in Morocco
• Volunteer (previously) for a charity association dedicated to helping children
• When I was in high school, I volunteered for 7 years with an association that used to take food and toys to hospitals for children each 2-3 months
Note: Now, I am not involved in an official association. However, whenever I go to Morocco for holidays, I spend some time talking to children at schools deemed “difficult schools” to make them aware of the importance of education, etc
Passions: Wine, foreign languages, classical music and ballets
Post-MBA: First join a private equity firm as a private equity associate and stay there for a few years. Then, I would like to join an international organization such as the IMF and take on responsibility positions. Then my ultimate goal is to go back to Morocco and become a political leader
Concerns: Morocco might not seem “glamorous” to the admission team. Moreover, the admission team might think that my very long-term goal (think in 20+ years) to become prime minister in my country might be too idealistic. Finally, I have not taken the GMAT yet, so I am concerned with the score that I might obtain
Many thanks for taking the time to review my profile.