1) At a certain pet shop, 1/3 of the pets are dogs and 1/5 of the pets are birds. How many of the pets are dogs?
1. There are 30 birds at the pet shop
2. There are 20 more dogs than birds at the pet shop
The answer is D, but I don't know why.
2)On a certain sight-seeing tour, the ratio of the number of women to the number of children was 5 to 2. What was the number of men on the sight-seeing tour?
1. On the sight seeing tour, the ratio of the number of children to men was 5 to 11.
2. The number of women on the sight-seeing tour was less than 30.