Today we will take a closer look at Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey as we continue to profile schools throughout the summer. Jenny Tang, Veritas Prep’s own Student Experience Coordinator, tells us why she loved Rutgers and why it might be the perfect school for you.
1. What is one thing you should see on campus?
One of my favorite places on campus is the Zimmerli Art Museum. Click here to take a look at their website, as they offer fun classes there that are generally free to the public!
2. What made you choose this school?
I decided to enroll at Rutgers for a number of reasons. Rutgers is a well-known school and the large population and city-like culture called to me. Since I came from a small town, I wanted a change, and I wanted to experience more of a city life. Also, New Brunswick was close to home, but far enough that I could live in the dorms and experience “college life” and living on my own.
3. What is your favorite spot to eat off campus?
This is a tough question because there are so many great spots, but I’ll give you my top two:
- The Grease trucks on College Ave (This is most likely how I gained my freshman 10, or was it 15…)
- Marita’s Cantina: You have to try their wings (They used to have 25 cents wings, but just looks like they are now 35 cents wings on Wed).
4. What else should a visiting student know about your school?
Although the school is huge, it is easy to get around from campus to campus. Once you study the bus schedules, you will be all set. There are so many things to do on campus, so be sure to take advantage of everything!
Think Rutgers is the right place for you? If you still have to take the SAT, take a look at our SAT prep courses. And, be sure to find us on Facebook and Google+, and follow us on Twitter! Follow these links to see school profiles on Columbia, MIT, USC, and Michigan.