As schools continue to release admissions deadlines and essays for the 2013-2014 application season, Veritas Prep will periodically bring you a preview of what’s to come. Already, Yale SOM, Duke Fuqua, and NYU Stern have released their new application deadlines for the upcoming season, with Stern also releasing its application essay questions. Look below for the new deadlines and check back for more commentary next week!
Yale SOM Admissions Deadlines:
Round 1: September 25, 2013
Round 2: January 9, 2014
Round 3: April 24, 2014
Duke Fuqua Admissions Deadlines:
Early Action: September 18, 2013
Round 1: October 21, 2013
Round 2: January 6, 2014
Round 3: March 20, 2014
NYU Stern Admissions Deadlines:
Round 1: October 15, 2013
Round 2: November 15, 2013
Round 3: January 15, 2014
Round 4: March 15, 2013
NYU Stern Application Essays:
Essay 1: Professional Aspirations (750 word maximum, double-spaced, 12-point font)
- Why pursue an MBA (or dual degree) at this point in your life?
- What actions have you taken to determine that Stern is the best fit for your MBA experience?
- What do you see yourself doing professionally upon graduation?
Essay 2: Choose Option A or Option B (500 word maximum, double-spaced, 12-point font)
- Option A: Your Two Paths — The mission of the Stern School of Business is to develop people and ideas that transform the challenges of the 21st century into opportunities to create value for business and society. Given today’s ever-changing global landscape, Stern seeks and develops leaders who thrive in ambiguity, embrace a broad perspective and think creatively about the range of ways they can have impact.
– Describe two different and distinct paths you could see your career taking long term. How do you see your two paths unfolding?
– How do your paths tie to the mission of NYU Stern?
– What factors will most determine which path you will take?
- Option B: Personal Expression — Please describe yourself to your MBA classmates. You may use almost any method to convey your message (e.g. words, illustrations). Feel free to be creative. If you submit a non-written piece for this essay (i.e., artwork or multimedia) or if you submit this essay via mail, please upload a brief description of your submission with your online application.
Guidelines and Restrictions:
– Your submission becomes the property of NYU Stern and cannot be returned for any reason.
– If you submit a written essay, it should be 500 words maximum, double-spaced, 12-point font. If you submit a video or audio file, it should be five minutes maximum.
– If you prepare a multimedia submission, you may mail a CD, DVD or USB flash drive to the Admissions Office. These are the only acceptable methods of submission. Please do not submit an internet link to any websites or to a video hosting service such as YouTube.
– The Admissions Committee reserves the right to request an alternate essay if we are unable to view your submission.
– Do not submit anything perishable (e.g. food), or any item that has been worn (e.g. clothing).
– Mailed materials must be postmarked by the application deadline date. Please follow our mail and labeling instructions.
Essay 3: Additional Information (optional)
- Please provide any additional information that you would like to bring to the attention of the Admissions Committee. This may include current or past gaps in employment, further explanation of your undergraduate record or self-reported academic transcript(s), plans to retake the GMAT, GRE and/or TOEFL or any other relevant information. If you are unable to submit a recommendation from your current supervisor, you must explain your reason. If you are a re-applicant from last year, please explain how your candidacy has improved since your last application.
Stay tuned for our comments coming out next week. For more advice on getting into Yale, Duke, NYU or another top choice school, be sure to download our Essential Guides, 14 different guides to the world’s top business schools. If you’re ready to start building your own application for these and other top business schools, call us at 1-800-925-7737 and speak with an MBA admissions expert today. And, as always, be sure to find us on Facebook and Google+, and follow us on Twitter!