MBA Essay Map: View all business school essays, side by side, in one succinct view.
The wealth of online information about the business school application process and programs is staggering.
- I certainly appreciate the opportunity to gather a number of differing viewpoints on essays topics and school culture, for example.
I also know that as b-school applicants navigate through the application process, they do have the potential to get lost in the weeds.
- As I have seen with many MBA applicants, they get “analysis paralysis”, innudated by almost too much data.
- Having worked in management consulting, I come from the school of tell me what I need to know, when I need to know it and how I can use it to get the right result.
- In finance terms, I want to see a balance sheet. Give me a snapshot of where I stand today.
- The MBA Essay Map rolls up all essay questions from top US, Asian and European MBA programs.
- It puts them all in one view, side by side, for comparitive purposes.
- I also included a side by side comparison of word limits and deadlines. This should help an applicant estimate workload and timing so they can address the writing process in the most efficient manner.
The Map also includes specific formatting requirements for each program and any specific reapplicant stipulations.
- I can not tell you how many times I have seen essays submitted using the wrong format or reapplicants who neglected to follow the rules. This is a huge red flag for the admissions committee.